All loans being refinanced must be post separation from school.
Federal Education Loans:
- Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP)
- Subsidized or Unsubsidized (aka Stafford Loan)
- Grad or Parent PLUS William D. Ford Direct Loan Program Subsidized or Unsubsidized (aka Direct Stafford Loan)
- William D. Ford Direct Loan Program Undergraduate, Grad or Parent PLUS
- Perkins, Nursing or Health Education Assistance (HEAL)
If you choose to refinance a federal loan, you will lose federal student loan benefits such as income driven repayment or loan forgiveness options that may be available on your current federal loan(s). In addition, federal student loans offer deferment and forbearance options that may not available to you if you take out a private refinance loan. You may qualify for a Federal Direct Consolidation Loan. For additional information about a consolidation option for federal loans, contact the Department of Education at: studentaid.gov. See disclaimers for more details.
Private Education Loans:
Institutional Education Loans: